|Class||Rat monoclonal antibody|
|Presentation:||Preparation: Protein-A/G purified
Content: Available in 200 μL and 1 mL size.1 mg/mL +/- 15%. See Certificate of Analysis for details.
Solvent: 0.01 M phosphate buffer, pH 7.4, with 0.5 M NaCl and 15 mM sodium azide
Storage: 4-8ºC without exposure to light. No precautions necessary during handling.
|Antigen:||Mouse neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin (NGAL; also called lipocalin 2, 24p3, SIP24, uterocalin and siderocalin) is a member of the lipocalin family of proteins which bind and transport small lipophilic molecules. 24p3 was observed to be dramatically upregulated in kidney cell cultures infected with SV40 (1) and subsequently identified as a lipocalin (2). Unlike human NGAL, it is an acute phase protein upregulated in the liver (3), but like its mammalian homologues it is upregulated and secreted by the kidney in response to ischemic or nephrotoxic injury (4). It is also upregulated in the involuting uterus and mammary gland (5).|
|Immunogen:||Recombinant mouse NGAL adsorbed onto aluminum hydroxide gel|
|Specificity:||ABS 043-10 binds NGAL in mouse serum|
|Epitope specificity:||Differs from those of HYB 211-01, ABS 038-14, ABS 038-15 and ABS 038-23|
|Reactivity:||ABS 43-10 binds free mouse NGAL in solution.
ABS 043-10 forms an antibody pair for sandwich ELISA with ABS 043-29. It is recommended to use ABS 043-10 as capture antibody and biotinylated ABS 043-29 as detection antibody.
1. Hraba-Renevey S, Türler H, Kress M, Salomon C, Weil R
(1989) SV40-induced expression of mouse gene 24p3 involves a
post-transcriptional mechanism. Oncogene 4:601-608.
2. Flower DR, North AC, Attwood TK (1991) Mouse oncogene protein 24p3 is a member of the lipocalin protein family. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 180:69-74.
3. Liu Q, Nilsen-Hamilton M (1995) Identification of a new acute phase protein. J Biol Chem 270:22565-22570.
4. Mishra J, Ma Q, Prada A, Mitsnefes M, Zahedi K, Yang J, Barasch J, Devarajan P (2003) Identification of neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin as a novel early urinary biomarker for ischemic renal injury. J Am Soc Nephrol 14:2534-2543.
5. Ryon J, Bendickson L, Nilsen-Hamilton M (2002) High expression in involuting reproductive tissues of uterocalin/24p3, a lipocalin and acute phase protein. Biochem J 367:271-277.